Student web hosting accounts are available to students registered in courses which have
made arrangements with rho.net to provide web hosting for the course. This class of web
hosting account is not available to the general public.
- Very economical - one-time charge:
- $25 per quarter (3 months) or
- $33 per semester (4 months).
- Automated, on-line registration with credit card payment only.
- Full access to rho.net's web hosting facilities.
- 25 Mbytes of storage, 250 Mbytes/month maximum data transfer.
- One login and one email account.
Domain Name Services
- Home page may be accessed via an address of the form http://www.rho.net/~yourname
at no charge.
- http://yourname.rho.net may be requested at no additional charge.
- May be associated with your own registered domain name for an additional charge of $25.
You must register your domain name on your own.
- Each standard web hosting account is associated with one Internet (IP) address. If you
have multiple domains and want them to refer to different web pages, you'll need multiple
- All technical support is provided through the course.
- Continuation of a student hosting account to the next school term is allowed if the
student continues to take eligible courses.
- A student hosting account ay be upgraded to a Student
Upgrade Web Hosting account or a Standard Web
Hosting account at the end of the quarter or semester. The one-time setup fee will be
waived if the upgrade is requested before the student hosting account is decommissioned.
- Your use of rho.net facilities must comply with our usage policy.
- This type of account is only available to holders of Student Web Hosting
- Account holders do not need to be students for the period during which the
student upgrade account is in use.
- Features are identical to the Student Web Hosting account.
- Pricing is $20/month, prepaid for 6 months ($120) or 12 months ($240), payable by check
with order. Note that when the Student Upgrade account is renewed, it will
be upgraded to a Standard Web Hosting account, so it may be advantageous to
select the longer term.